During the November 2 – November 19, 2019 Annual Enrollment period, you may make changes to your NC State benefit plans. These include:
- MetLife Life Insurance
- Hyatt Legal Plan
- Voluntary Long Term Disability Plans
Note: If you do not wish to make changes to these NC State benefit plans for 2020, there is nothing you need to do.
MetLife Life Insurance
During this Annual Enrollment period, MetLife life insurance will have a relaxed underwriting opportunity for NC State employees and eligible dependents to elect or increase coverage. MetLife life insurance will mail Annual Enrollment information and enrollment materials directly to your home address. The enrollment forms must be completed and returned directly to MetLife. Those already enrolled in MetLife Life, may increase Employee-only coverage by $10,000, $20,000 or $30,000 regardless of the current amount as long as the total amount of coverage does not exceed $1,000,000. Enrollment forms must be returned directly to MetLife in the envelope provided no later than November 19, 2019.
If enrolling for the first time, you may apply for MetLife life insurance by answering 5 medical questions:
- Have you had any application for life, accidental death and dismemberment or disability insurance declined, postponed, withdrawn, rated, modified, or issued other than as applied for?
- Are you now receiving or applying for any disability benefits, including workers’ compensation?
- Have you been Hospitalized as defined below (not including well-baby delivery) in the past 90 days?
Hospitalized means admission for inpatient care in a hospital; receipt of care in a hospice facility, intermediate care facility, or long term care facility; or receipt of the following treatment wherever performed: chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or dialysis.
- For residents of all states except CT, please answer the following question: Have you ever been diagnosed or treated by a physician or other health care provider for Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS), AIDS Related Complex (ARC) or the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection?
For CT residents, please answer the following question: To the best of your knowledge and belief, have you ever been diagnosed or treated by a physician or other health care provider for Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS), AIDS Related Complex (ARC) or the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection?
- Have you ever been diagnosed, treated or given medical advice by a physician or other health care provider for:
a. cardiac or cardiovascular disorder?
b. stroke or circulatory disorder?
c. high blood pressure?
d. cancer, Hodgkins disease, lymphoma or tumors?
Click here for general information about the MetLife Life Plan.
Hyatt Legal Plan
Click here for information on the Hyatt Legal Plan. To enroll or drop coverage in the Hyatt Legal Plan, you will need to complete the Hyatt Legal Enrollment/Cancellation Form. This form can be faxed to the HR Benefits Office at 919-513-2528, dropped off at the HR Benefits Office or campus mailed to Campus Box 7215 by November 19, 2019.
Long Term Disability
Supplemental disability plans are designed to provide additional benefits if employees become disabled. Click here for information on the voluntary Disability plans. To enroll or drop coverage, please complete the Enrollment/Change Form. This form can be faxed to the HR Benefits Office at 919-513-2528, dropped off at the HR Benefits Office or campus mailed to Campus Box 7215 by November 19, 2019.