Employee Transfer Leave

An employee who transfers to a new duty station 35 miles or more from his or her current residence, and who chooses to change place of residence, is eligible for reimbursement of moving expenses. Under such circumstances, up to 3 days of leave with pay may be granted for relocation arrangements.

Information on reimbursement for moving expenses is available from the Budget Office.

Who’s Eligible?

Full- or part-time (half-time or more) permanent, probationary, trainee or time-limited SHRA employees are covered by this leave policy.

How Do I Apply?

Use the Application for Leave form to request leave and record the supervisor’s approval.

Departments are responsible for monitoring and recording transfer leave in the Human Resources Web Leave System.

Other Resources