If you have a special interest in creating a culture of wellness in your college, unit, or department, apply to be an NC State Wellness Champion! Serving as a wellness champion is a great opportunity for individuals to make thier organization a healthier workplace. Wellness Champions work to promote wellness, lead activities for their colleagues, share health and wellness resources, and encourage and motivate thier peers to make healthy lifestyle choices.
In 2016 there were 40 Wellness Champions representing 36 departments across campus. In 2017, help us ensure that every college/division has representation in the Wellness Champion Program; check out the list of current champions here to see if your department is represented. Wellness Champions are able to connect with employees from across campus with whom they may not ordinarily work with and collaborate towards a common goal, “building a thriving pack.”
In order to be eligible to be an NC State Wellness Champion, employees must meet the following criteria:
- Be classified as SHRA, EHRA, EHRA-Faculty with greater than 0.749 FTE and have a 9 month contract/appt or greater with NC State
- Receive approval of supervisor and department head
- Must be in good standing with no active/pending disciplinary actions or documented disciplinary actions within the preceding 18 months
- Attend and complete mandatory NC State Wellness Champion Training
- Commit to being an NC State Wellness Champion for the upcoming academic year
The NC State Benefits Office and University Recreation are proud to partner in this initiative. Contact Britt Hurst, Employee Recognition and Wellness Program Manager or Shannon Dupree, University Wellness Specialist with questions or feedback.
Visit https://wellness.ncsu.edu/about/wellness-champions/ for more information.