The State Health Plan is conducting a dependent eligibility verification audit for employees enrolled in the State Health Plan whom also have dependents enrolled (spouse, child(ren)). If you have Employee + Children, Employee + Spouse, or Employee + Family coverage, you will receive a letter from the State Health Plan at your home address detailing the audit and what action is required. This dependent eligibility audit is comprehensive, and applies to all dependent members. The State Health Plan is conducting this audit to ensure that only eligible dependents (legal spouses and dependent children) are enrolled, and they believe this will help with the Plan’s financial liability.
It is very important that you participate in this dependent eligibility verification audit, even if you have provided documentation recently for reasons such as status as a new hire or for a qualifying life event. Failure to respond and produce the required documentation by July 31, 2017 will result in termination of the dependents’ coverage under the Plan effective August 1, 2017.
The State Health Plan’s audit will require you to provide documents to prove your dependent’s eligibility for coverage. There are three (3) ways to submit the required documentation:
- You may access the State Health Plan’s online enrollment system via MyPack Portal>Employee Self Service>Benefits>Enroll in Benefits (make sure your pop up blocker is off). Detailed, step-by-step instructions after log on are provided in the letter that was sent to you by the State Health Plan.
- If you cannot upload documents, you may scan and email approved documents to SHPDependentAudit@benefitfocus.com.
- If you cannot upload documents, you may fax them to 866-742-6444.
- Mailed, hard copy documents will NOT be accepted
If you choose to email or fax, on the documents you MUST:
- Write your full (the employee’s) name
- Write the dependents full name
- Write your State Health Plan ID number (located on your Medical ID Card)
- Write the name of your employing unit: NC State University
If you provide documentation with sensitive information such as SSNs, make sure you submit them in a secured environment. If you need assistance, you may come to the HR Benefits Office in the Administrative Services II Building and we can assist you with submitting your documentation.
Please carefully review the letter the State Health Plan sent to your home address. Unfortunately, the documentation chart on their letter is incorrect. For a list of approved documents, you may reference the SHP’s Dependent Eligibility Documentation List.
For more information and FAQ’s, please visit the State Health Plan Website dedicated to the Audit. Please contact the State Health Plan Enrollment Center at 1-855-859-0966 if you have specific questions related to the audit.