The beginning of each year is a time for reflection as well as a chance to set personal goals for a successful New Year. When midnight rang and 2018 entered, what were your New Year’s resolutions? Did you resolve to get healthy, exercise more, or lose weight?
When planning your resolutions for the new year, did you consider your financial fitness? Whether its budgeting, eliminating debt, or retirement savings are you ready to reach your financial goals in 2018?
NC State is dedicated to helping our staff and faculty be financially well. Financial Wellness is one of NC State’s Six Elements of Wellness and is defined as the “awareness of one’s current financial position and budgets and having the resources to meet basic needs by saving and spending wisely.”
Our goal for 2018 is to help educate and empower staff and faculty for financial success by having a variety of available resources focusing on Financial Wellness. The HR Benefits Office is collaborating with our Retirement Plan and WolfPerks vendors to bring expert financial resources to campus all year long.
Join us in resolving to be Financially Fit in 2018!
Below are our first quarter Financial Wellness Workshops. For more detailed information including registration, and other resources visit our Financial Wellness Website. Seating capacity is limited, REGISTER NOW to secure your attendance.
- January 19th | 12:15-1:15 pm | TIAA: Why and how retirement savings should begin now
- January 26th | 12:15-1:15 pm | TIAA: Money at Work 1: Foundations of Investing
- February 2nd | 12:15-1:15 pm | TIAA: Tomorrow in Focus: Saving for your ideal retirement
- February 6th | 12:00 – 1:00 pm | TIAA Woman 2 Woman Financial Series Lunch and Learn.
- February 16th | 12:15-1:15 pm |TIAA: Money at Work 2: Sharpening Investment Skills
- February 16th | 1:00 – 5:00 pm | HR Benefits: Ready to Retire Workshop
- March 5th | 12:15-1:15 pm | Inside Money- Managing Income and Debt
- March 26th | 12:15-1:15 pm| Halfway There- A Retirement Check Up
In partnership with NC State, PNC will offer staff and faculty financial literacy and education workshops through its PNC WorkPlace Banking® program throughout 2018. Please complete PNC’s Workshop Information and Interest Survey to help us plan upcoming PNC workshops.