Well Wolfpack Certified Organization
Application Period Open April 2, 2018 – May 31, 2018
The Well Wolfpack Certification annually distinguishes departments who have made a commitment to cultivating a culture of wellness in the workplace. If your unit supports and encourages staff and faculty health and well-being, apply to be recognized as a Well Wolfpack Certified Organization. Certify your organization by completing the Well Wolfpack Certified Organization Online Application.
Earn points in the below areas by selecting answers that most closely align with the actions of your organization:
- Active Workplace
- Emotional Wellness
- Culture of Wellness
Use the certification as a way to promote your organization’s commitment to a culture of wellness in the workplace, including displaying the certificate or e-certification seal on your unit’s website.
- GOLD:151 – 168 points (90 % -100%)
- SILVER:134 – 150 points (80% – 89%)
- BRONZE:117 – 133 points (70% – 79%)
How to Certify
The Well Wolfpack Certified Program provides recognition to departments, divisions, and colleges who support and encourage staff and faculty’s health and well-being by promoting and modeling NC State’s Six Elements of Wellness. The Certification is based on a point system evaluating your units application/participation of the following questions:
- Has your workplace provided resources on Physical Activity to staff and faculty.
- Has your workplace provided workshops or seminars on physical activity?
- Does your workplace allow for stretch or fitness breaks throughout the workday?
- Does your workplace encourage the use of stairs?
- Does your unit encourage walking meetings?
- Does your unit participate in walking challenges (ex: Miles for Wellness, My Fitness Pal or FitBit groups)?
- Does your organization utilize active workplace tools (ie. standing desks, active sitting balls, etc.)?
- Does your organization participate in group fitness activities ( ie. Zumba,Yoga, etc.)?
- Has your workplace provided resources on Emotional Well-being to staff and faculty.
- In the past six months, has your organization provided educational seminars, workshops, or presentations on stress management, sleep, time management or other emotional wellbeing topics?
- Does your organization encourage breaks throughout the day to recharge?
- Does your organization support employees taking regular vacation and sick leave as needed?
- Does leadership demonstrate an understanding and commitment to work-life balance?
- Has your workplace provided resources on Healthy Eating to staff and faculty.
- In the past six months, has your organization provided educational seminars, workshops, or classes on benefits and guidelines for healthy eating?
- Does your organization have at least one water source available to employees (ie. water fountain, hydration station)?
- Does your organization make dietary accomodations (ie.vegan, gluten-free, etc.) for employees and participants when hosting meetings, conferences, and special events?
- Does your organization provide healthy food and drink options (ie. vegetables, fruit, water, etc.) when hosting meetings, conferences, and special events?
Has your workplace provided resources on the following:
- Quitline NC
- Eat Smart, Move More, Weigh Less
- Flu Shot Clinics
- Miles for Wellness Challenge
- Financial Well-being Workshops
- Information on Employee Appreciation Events
- Information on the Wolfpack Way of Life NC State Wellness Fair
- In the past six months, has your organization provided wellness communication such as emails, newsletters, etc. to promote wellness?
- Have workstations in your organization been evaluated by Environmental Health & Safety to ensure they are ergonomically sound?
- Does your organization provide a private space and adequate time for lactating mothers?
- Does your organization have an active and engaged NC State Wellness Champion?
- Does your organization celebrate success with regard to wellness initiatives and behavior change?
- Does your organization demonstrate an understanding of the value and importance of wellness?
- Does leadership in your organization consistently articulate the value and importance of wellness (ie.making the connection between wellness and productivity/performance)?
- Does leadership in your organization participate in wellness related programs and activities?
- Does leadership in your organization serve as a role model for prioritizing wellness and work-life balance (ie. participates in wellness events, takes breaks during the work day, etc.)?
For additional information visit wellness.ncsu.edu or please contact:
Wellness Director, Division of Academic and Student Affairs
Employee Recognition and Wellness Program Manager, HR