The NC State Employee Dependent’s Tuition Scholarship (EDT) was established to provide tuition scholarship assistance to full-time, first-degree undergraduate, dependent children whose parents have been employed by NC State University as permanent, full-time staff or faculty for more than three years as of July 1 of the qualifying year.
- The value of this scholarship varies upon availability of funds but will be a minimum of $2,000 ($1,000 per semester) annually.
- Eligible students must apply for this scholarship annually, and may be considered for funding for no more than four academic years (or eight semesters) at $1,000 per semester.
- Students whose full cost of attendance as defined by the Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid (OSFA) is met by other scholarships are not eligible to receive funds.
- Students may not exceed the cost of attendance with the NC State Employee Dependent’s Tuition Scholarship.
For currently enrolled, returning students, the application became available on Dec. 1, 2018. For students who received the EDT Scholarship in academic year 2018-2019 must reapply for the EDT scholarship 2019-2020 academic year; email communication was sent to current participating students in December 2018.
- Students may access the application through the consolidated scholarship application system: PACK ASSIST.
- Returning students should log into PACK ASSIST at: https://ncsu.academicworks.com/ and complete the General Application indicating that they are dependents of NC State employees.
- This response will open a separate window for the EDT where the student can enter parental employment information and upload the required tax document.
For new students who have applied for the 2019-2020 academic year, the application will be available when the student has been admitted to the university.
- Admitted students will be sent log in credentials and instructions for accessing the application via PACK ASSIST.
The deadline for application is May 1, 2019
The deadline for applications and supporting documentation should be submitted to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid through PACK ASSIST by May 1, 2019. Recipients will be selected as soon as possible thereafter.
Questions regarding the program may be directed to Johanna Donovan in the Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid at email@example.com.