The flu vaccination is the best way to protect yourself and those around you from contracting the flu virus. The CDC recommends everyone six (6) months and older receive a yearly flu vaccination as the first and most important step in protecting against the flu.
HR- Benefits is sponsoring appointment and walk-in flu vaccination clinics across campus this fall. As in prior years, all State Health Plan members, dependents and pre-age 65 retirees are eligible for a FREE flu vaccination at the NC State campus clinics.
2017 Clinic Information
The below campus clinics will be offering flu vaccination appointments. Employees wishing to receive a flu vaccination at these clinics are encouraged to schedule an appointment to ensure availability. Employees without an appointment will be accommodated as vaccination supplies and appointment volumes permit.
|Wednesday | October 4th||8:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.||College of Textiles, Convocation Room|
|Tuesday | October 10th||8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.||Administrative Services III, Room 124 A & B|
|Tuesday | October 17th||8:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.||Carmichael Recreation Center, PlayZone|
|Tuesday | October 24th||8:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.||College of Veterinary Medicine, Green Commons Area|
|Tuesday | October 31st||8:00 a.m- 3:00 p.m.||Talley Student Union, Room 4280|
|Tuesday | November 7th||8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m||Caldwell Hall- Lounge Area|
Schedule an Appointment
Employees may schedule an appointment for themselves and any covered family member. Each family member must be registered individually.
- Go to Maxim Healthcare Services (BCBSNC vendor) at https://maximflu.bioiq.com
- Select the “Sign-up Now!” button
- When prompted with the question: “Do you already have an existing BioIQ account? click:
- New Users: Click “No, this is my first time”, Fill out demographic information and create username and password
- Returning Users: Click “Yes I do!”, Enter username and password from the previous year
- When prompted enter your Invitation Code: NCSU2017
- Select your preferred appointment location, date, and time
We will make every effort to accommodate Walk-In’s at each of our campus clinics this year. However, please note that appointments will have priority and vaccination supplies are not guaranteed for Walk-In’s. To ensure you will receive a flu shot, please schedule an appointment using the above instructions.
What to Bring
- State Health Plan Medical Insurance Card: You must bring your State Heath Plan Insurance Card to the campus clinic to avoid a $30 vaccination payment.
- Government Issued Photo I.D.
- Flu Vaccination Consent Form: Save time by completing your flu vaccination consent form online. Two (2) completed copies of this form must be printed and turned-in at the clinic. Carbon copies will be available on-site for those who do not complete prior.
- BCBSNC Consent Form – This form is for all active employees and dependents on the plan. Members of eligible BCBSNC plans should also complete this form.
- Medicare Consent Form- This form should be completed only by retirees enrolled in an eligible Medicare Advantage Plan or individuals with Medicare as thier primary form of coverage. (United Health Care Advantage Plans do not qualify, see below for more information)
- The vaccination offered is the Quadrivalent (4 strain) flu vaccine. The Quadrivalent offers broader protection, as it covers four (4) strains of the influenza virus, two A strands and two B strands.
- The above listed Flu Shot Clinics are for Staff & Faculty and thier dependents. Students, including Graduate Students and Post Docs, should contact Student Health to schedule a flu shot. https://healthypack.dasa.ncsu.edu/care-provided/flu-vaccinations/
- FluMist vaccinations will not be available.
- A parent or legal guardian must accompany children between the ages of five (5) and 17 and provide written authorization. Children under age five (5) should see their physician for immunizations.
- In addition to the NC State campus clinics, free flu vaccinations will be available to State Health Plan members, dependents, and retirees at any in-network doctor’s office, participating CVS Minute Clinics, or through a participating in-network immunizing pharmacist. Visit the State Health Plan FAQ website for additional information.
- Individuals not covered by the State Health Plan, eligible Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Plan, or Medicare Part B will be charged a vaccination fee of $30 (payable by cash or check only). Visit the State Health Plan FAQ website for additional information.
- The above listed Flu Shot Clinics are not covered for retirees participating in the UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage Plans. Individuals covered through these plans should contact UHC for flu vaccination information:
- UnitedHealthcare: 1-866-747-1014
- If you have questions or concerns about the flu vaccination, please consult with your physician.
Visit the Centers for Disease Control website for more information.