The flu vaccination is the best way to protect yourself from the flu virus.
HR- Benefits will be sponsoring appointment and walk-in flu vaccination clinics across campus. As in prior years, all State Health Plan members, dependents and pre-age 65 retirees are eligible for a FREE flu vaccination at the NC State campus clinics.
- Members must present their State Health Plan insurance card along with a photo ID at the campus clinics to avoid a $30 vaccination payment.
- These Flu Shot Clinics ARE NOT for Students. Students, including Graduate Students and Post Docs, need to contact Student Health to schedule their flu shot. https://healthypack.dasa.ncsu.edu/care-provided/flu-vaccinations/
- FluMist vaccinations will not be available.
- A parent or legal guardian must accompany children between the ages of four and 17 and provide written authorization. Children under age four should see their physician for immunizations.
- In addition to the NC State campus clinics, free flu vaccinations will be available to State Health Plan members, dependents, and retirees at any in-network doctor’s office, participating CVS Minute Clinics, or through a participating in-network immunizing pharmacist. Visit the State Health Plan FAQ website for additional information.
- Individuals not covered by the State Health Plan, eligible Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Plan, or Medicare Part B will be charged a vaccination fee of $30 (payable by cash or check only). Visit the State Health Plan FAQ website for additional information.
- THESE CAMPUS FLU SHOTS ARE NOT COVERED FOR THOSE IN THE UNITED HEALTHCARE MEDICARE ADVANTAGE PLAN. Individuals covered through the UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage Plans should contact UHC for flu vaccination information:
- UnitedHealthcare: 1-866-747-1014
- If you have questions or concerns about the flu vaccination, please consult with your physician. Visit the Centers for Disease Control website for more information.
- Para ver los detalles del programa para la vacuna de la gripe en Español, visite la página de sito de Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Detalles del Programa website.
- Para ver preguntas sobre el programa de la gripe estacional, visite la página de sitio de Blue Cross and Blue Shield en Preguntas Frecuentes website.
Flu Vaccination Consent Forms
Save time by completing your flu vaccination consent form online. Two completed copies of this form must be printed and submitted at the NC State Campus Clinics.
This form should be completed by all State Health Plan members who are not Medicare primary or enrolled in a Medicare Advantage Plan through the State Health Plan. Members of eligible Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Plans should also complete this form.
This form should be completed by retirees enrolled in an eligible Medicare Advantage Plan or individuals with Medicare as their primary health coverage. To review eligible plan options, visit the State Health Plan FAQ website for additional information.
Appointment Clinics 2016
The below campus clinics will be offering flu vaccination appointments. Employees wishing to receive a flu vaccination at these clinics are encouraged to schedule an appointment. Employees without an appointment will be accommodated as vaccination supplies and appointment volumes permit.
|October 7, Friday||8:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.||College of Textiles Convocation Center|
|October 11, Tuesday||8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.||Talley Student Union, Room 4280|
|October 18, Tuesday||8:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m.||Administrative Services III, Room 124 A & B|
|October 25, Tuesday||8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.||College of Veterinary Medicine, Green Commons Area|
|November 1, Tuesday||8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.||Talley Student Union, Room 4280|
|November 8, Tuesday||8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.||Caldwell Hall, Lounge Area|
|November 16, Wednesday||8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.||CALS- Extension Conference|
Employees may schedule an appointment for themselves and any covered family member. Each family member must register individually using the below appointment scheduling tool. Individuals must present their insurance card along with a photo ID at the campus clinics to avoid a $30 vaccination payment.
To reserve your appointment, follow the below instructions or download the registration guide [PDF]:
- Go to https://maximflu.bioiq.com
- Select the “Sign-up Now!” button
- When prompted with the question: “Do you already have an existing BioIQ account? click:
- New Users: Click “No, this is my first time”, Fill out demographic information and create username and password
- Returning Users: Click “Yes I do!”, Enter username and password from the previous year
- When prompted enter your Invitation Code: NCSU2016
- Choose your screening option: Flu Vaccination
- Select your preferred appointment location, date, and time
Walk-in Flu vaccinations will be offered on all of the above dates. Appointments are not necessary so employees wishing to receive a flu vaccination at these clinics can just walk-in. However, please note that appointments will have priority and vaccination supplies are not guarenteed for Walk-In’s.