- Health Insurance
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness
- Accidental Death
- Legal Plan
- Disability Plans
- State Provided Disability Plans: a no-cost option for eligible employees who participate in the Teachers’ and State Employees’ Retirement System (TSERS) or the Optional Retirement Program (ORP). A short-term disability income plan (DIP) is provided at no cost to eligible employees with at least one year of contributing service in TSERS or the ORP earned within 36 months prior to the disability.
- Supplemental Disability Income Plans: these are University-provided plans from two vendors who provide supplemental long-term disability benefits through convenient payroll deductions. These are voluntary plans and are employee-paid. These plans work in conjunction with the State Provided Disability Plans and Social Security Disability (if applicable).
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Daycare Flexible Spending Account
- Auto/Homeowners/Renters Insurance
- College Foundation of North Carolina 529 Plan
Employer Contributions for Benefits
NC State makes a contribution towards the cost of some employee benefit plans. Click to view a summary of how the full or partial cost of benefit plans is provided for employees.