The NCFlex Critical Illness Plan complements your existing medical coverage by paying a lump-sum payment directly to the employee for covered conditions. The plan covers the following medical conditions:
• Category 1 incorporates certain cancer-related conditions
• Category 2 incorporates certain heart-related conditions
• Category 3 incorporates certain other conditions
See more plan details at NCFlex Critical Illness Plan
Regular (non-temp) SHRA/EHRA employees who work 20 hours per week (.5 FTE) or greater are eligible to enroll in the this plan. Employees pay full cost for employee coverage in addition to any dependent coverage selected.
- Employees must enroll within 30 days of their hire date or within 30 days of a qualified life event. Evidence of Insurability may apply outside of the newly hired initial 30-day eligibility period.
- Coverage begins the first of the month following your hire/start date.
- Coverage will end on the last day of the month in which your employment ends. For example, if your last day of work is March 20, your coverage would end on March 31.
Critical Illness Insurance Premiums
Click here to view monthly premium costs.
Employees can choose from two coverage levels: (NCFlex Critical Illness Plan)
- Employee Only
- Spouse (Employee must be covered)
- Child(ren) (Employee must be covered)
To enroll, go to the MyPack Portal and log in. Under the Employee Self Service tiles>Click on the Benefit Details tile>Click on Enroll in Benefits (on the left–make sure your pop up blocker is off). You will be logged in to the online enrollment system.
To make changes, go to the MyPack Portal and log in. Under the Employee Self Service tiles>Click on the Benefit Details tile>Click on Enroll in Benefits (on the left–make sure your pop up blocker is off). You will be logged in to the online enrollment system. Changes made in the online enrollment system by the 10th of the month should be reflected in the next payroll.