Ready to Retire prepares NC State employees for the retirement process, speakers typically include individuals from the Social Security Administration, North Carolina State Health Plan, NC State University Benefits Department, TIAA, Fidelity, and Prudential.
All employees are welcome to attend Ready to Retire, but employees who are thinking about retiring within the next 5-7 years are strongly encouraged to attend.
Ready to Retire Workshop Series | February 23 – March 1, 2023
Beginning February 23 through March 1, University Human Resources will be hosting Ready to Retire virtually in a series of stand-alone sessions. Each session will focus on a specific topic typically covered during the traditional Ready to Retire half-day workshop. This change in format is to offer a more focused approach to employees who prefer to learn in smaller segments of time.
Sessions on the below topics will be offered during this series, employees should register for each segment of the series they wish to attend. Sessions are limited to the first 500 registrants. Sessions will be recorded and posted to this page, in the previously recorded sessions section, with the exception of the Social Security and Retirement Benefits session.
- Wednesday, Mar. 1, 2023 | 10 – 11:30 A.M.| Social Security and Retirement Benefits | Register Here
- In this session, a speaker from the Social Security Administration will review eligibility for Social Security benefits, how retirement impacts your SSA benefits, qualifications for spousal/survivorship benefits, how to get the most from your social security benefit, and more.
The Ready to Retire half-day workshop will be offered on August 29, 2023, from 1- 5 pm in Talley Student Union for those who prefer our traditional format. Registration details regarding the August workshop will be shared later this semester.
- Navigating Your State Health Plan Benefits and Medicare
- 2023 February Ready to Retire-General Presentation & TSERS.pptx
- ORP Ready to Retire Presentation
- Retirement at NC State
- UNC System Retirement Planning Guide
- UNC System Retiree Life Insurance Coverage
- Reemployment After Retirement
- FASAP Retirement Planning Guide
- Estate Planning Document
- Social Security: Access information from your Social Security record at https://www.ssa.gov/site/signin/en/
Watch Recorded Sessions
February 2023Feb 2023: Navigating Your State Health Plan Benefits and Medicare Feb 2023: Retiring from TSERS Feb 2023: Retiring from the ORP
March 20222022 March Ready to Retire - Retiree Health & Medicare Presentation March 2022 Ready to Retire- TSERS Break Out Session March 2022 Ready to Retire- ORP Break Out Session
August 20212021 August Ready to Retire - Retiree Health & Medicare Presentation August 2021 Ready to Retire- TSERS Break Out Session August 2021 Ready to Retire- ORP Break Out Session
If you have any questions regarding this event please contact the Benefits Office at 919-515-2151 or e-mail email@example.com.