The opportunity to contribute and connect individual passions and strengths that foster a safe and supportive environment
- Habitat for Humanity Build-A-Block – During the 2016-2017 Academic Year, NC State University in partnership with Habitat for Humanity will partner to build 11 town homes for deserving families. The homes will be built close to NC State, off of Lake Wheeler Road.
Faculty and Staff are encouraged to volunteer for this opportunity. Approximately 100 volunteers are needed every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday between September 10th, 2016 and April 31, 2017.
- For individuals or groups smaller than 10 people, each person will need to register at go.ncsu.edu/buildablock.
- For groups of 10 or more, contact Melanie.Rankin@habitatwake.org to confirm your volunteer date. A unique link will be sent to the group leader so each group member can register to volunteer.
- Remember leave-eligible employees have community service leave to support their volunteer activity.
- Feed the Pack Food Pantry – Feed the Pack Food pantry is a community-based initiative sustained by the greater NC State community to combat the food insecurity experienced by members of the Wolfpack family. Volunteers are always needed: https://feedthepack.dasa.ncsu.edu/
- Community Service Leave – Community Service Leave is provided to leave-eligible SHRA and EHRA employees. Employees are encouraged to utilize this paid time off to volunteer in their communities. More details: https://benefits.hr.ncsu.edu/community-service/