The ability to be self-aware and cope with challenges and emotional needs while developing overall resiliency. The ability to identify your needs, cope with tough situations and manage stress are some of the aspects of emotional wellbeing. A positive sense of emotional wellbeing will allow you to be able to function in society and handle the demands of everyday life.
Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FASAP)
Go online: guidanceresources.com
Your NC State Web ID: FASAP
Personal issues, planning for life events or simply managing daily life can affect your work, health and family. The NC State University Faculty & Staff Assistance Program (FASAP) Program provides support, resources and information for personal and work-life issues. The FASAP Program is university-sponsored, confidential and provided at no charge to you and your dependents, This page explains how the FASAP Program can help you and your family deal with everyday challenges.
Someone to talk to.
This no-cost counseling service helps you address stress, relationship and other personal issues you and your family may face. It is staffed by Guidance Consultants – highly trained master’s and doctoral level clinicians who will listen to your concerns and quickly refer you to in-person counseling and other resources for:
- Stress, anxiety and depression
- Relationship/marital conflicts
- Problems with children
- Job pressures
- Grief and loss
- Substance abuse
Knowledge at your fingertips.
GuidanceResources Online is your one stop for expert information on the issues that matter most to you… relationships, work, school, children, wellness, legal, financial, free time and more.
- Timely articles, HelpSheets, tutorials, streaming videos and self-assessments
- “Ask the Expert” personal responses to your questions
- Child care, elder care, attorney and financial planner searches
State Health Plan Resources-
The State Health Plan provides benefits for the treatment of mental illness and substance abuse by a hospital, doctor, or other provider. Office Visits, Outpatient Services, Inpatient Services, Residential Treatment Facility Services, Applied Behavior Analysis are all available to State Health Plan Members.
To Access Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services with the State Health Plan, contact the Mental Health Case Management Department at 800-367-6143 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week. This is a confidential service offered by the State Health Plan. The Mental Health Case Manager is a customer service representative who will refer you to in-network providers and will give you information you need to receive Mental Health or Substance Abuse Related Services. Language Services are available if translation is needed. Services for the Speech and hearing impaired are available via Teletypewriter at 866-367-6143.
Visit the State Health Plan’s website for more information.
Wellness and Recreation
Wellness and Recreation offers a number of custom wellness educational sessions for faculty, staff, and students. Some of those sessions include:
- Putting Stress to Rest Techniques and strategies you can use to help improve your stress management skills.
- Art of Being a Goal Getter Establishing goals for your well-being, academics, or personal life, this session will provide personalized strategies for planning and overcoming obstacles for success.
Activ8 Your Health
Work with a certified health coach that will provide guidance, motivation, and hold you accountable to achieve your goals. This service offers:
- Individual and group coaching
- Individualized goal setting and tracking
- Regular communication with a certified health coach who specializes in coaching and behavior change