Annual Enrollment Has Ended–No changes may be made to your benefits except through a qualifying life event.
Annual Enrollment is your opportunity to review your benefit elections and make changes for the upcoming 2018 plan year. All members of the State Health Plan must take action during Annual Enrollment in order to reduce monthly premiums. State Health Plan and NCFlex changes are made through the state’s online enrollment system or by calling the enrollment center at 855-859-0966. Changes to other benefits such as Met Life Insurance, Hyatt Legal, Long Term Disability Plans, Supplemental Savings Plans are all completed via paper forms.
If you need help enrolling in your benefits, call 855-859-0966 to enroll over the phone OR stop by the HR Benefits Office on the second floor of the Administrative Services II building. Our goal is to have 100% of staff and faculty go through their annual enrollment.
Out of 9,002 employees, 99% have completed their annual enrollment as of 10/31/2017 at 11:20 a.m.
State Health Plan Updates
- All State Health Plan members will be defaulted to the 70/30 plan for 2018. Employees must log into the benefits enrollment portal via MyPack if they wish to complete the tobacco attestation and/or elect the 80/20 plan
- Only the 70/30 and 80/20 plans will be available in 2018
- The Consumer-Directed Health Plan (CDHP) will no longer be available after December 31, 2017
- Like all plan members, those enrolled in the CDHP will be defaulted into the 70/30 plan for 2018, and must take action if they wish to complete the tobacco attestation and/or elect the 80/20 plan
- Members of the CDHP should use Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) funds by December 31, 2017
- Copays and deductibles will not increase in 2018. View a Plan Comparison Chart Here
- The 70/30 and 80/20 plans will only have the tobacco attestation wellness credit for employees
- The Health Assesment Credit and PCP Credit have been eliminated for 2018
- Failure to complete the tobacco attestation during the Annual Enrollment period will result in a $60/month surcharge for 2018, beginning with the December 2017 paycheck
- Employee-only and Employee/Spouse premiums will increase in 2018, beginning with the deduction in the December 2017 paycheck
- View 2018 Rates Here
During Annual Enrollment, employees can add or drop dependents from thier benefit plans. If you are adding dependents to your health plan, the State Health Plan requires that you submit documentation verifying your dependents’ eligibility.
- Documentation requirements for dependents
- Instructions on how to upload documentation in the enrollment portal
Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, etc…
- NCFlex will introduce a NEW accident plan through VOYA. This plan pays members directly in the event of specific injuries and events resulting from a covered accident
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) have a new 2018 maximum amount of $2,600
- Healthcare FSA will eliminate the 2 1/2 month extension in 2018, and replace the extension with a maximum $500 rollover (minimum $25)
- NEW Dependent Daycare Flexible Spending Accounts (DDFSA) will have funds available via a convenience card
- Only funds that have been payroll deducted will be available for spending
- Your current Healthcare FSA Card will be optimized to use for Dependent Daycare Flexible Spending
- If you do not have an Healthcare FSA Card, NC Flex will send you a convenience card to use for DDFSA
- NEW Lower rates on the High-Option Dental plan for 2018
- NEW Vision Provider for 2018, EyeMed
- Click here to see their in-network providers
If you need to make changes to your NCFlex benefits (dental, vision, flex spending, etc.) or enroll/re-enroll in flexible spending accounts, you will need take action through the online enrollment portal during this Annual Enrollment period through October 31, 2017. Remember that you must re-enroll in the flexible spending accounts if you want these for 2018. Click here to see the NCFlex 2018 Plan Booklet.
NC State Benefit Plans
For NC State’s benefits plans (MetLife Life, Hyatt Legal and Liberty Mutual Long Term Disability), you will need to click here for a listing of all forms needed if you are enrolling or changing these benefits.
How To Enroll
To complete your State Health Plan and NCFlex enrollment, you will need to log in to the MyPack Portal and click on the following items:
Go to the MyPack Portal>Under the Employee Self Service tiles>Click on the Benefit Details tile>Click on Enroll in Benefits (on the left–make sure your pop up blocker is off)>Click on the eBenefitsNow link on the landing page.Instructions on Accessing the Enrollment Portal
- Once in the Online Enrollment Portal, click on the Get Started blue button.
- You can click on the current health plan listed by selecting the Edit Coverage button under the plan.
- Next, select Open Enrollment and click Next. Select either the 70/30 or 80/20 health plans, then click on Next.
- The tobacco attestation will come up next. Answer the question and then select Next.
- If everything looks okay on the next screen, click on the green Save button.
- You can then enroll/review your NCFlex benefits to make any necessary updates/changes.
- Once you are done with these, click on the green Save Changes button at the bottom of your screen. You should then see a congratulations message and blue web link where you can view or print your confirmation.
If the MyPack Portal is down due to scheduled maintenance, you can access the online enrollment site by going to: go.ncsu.edu/enrollnow OR call 1-855-859-0966 (State Health Plan Enrollment Center)
To change your enrollment in NC State Benefit Plans including Met Life Insurance, Hyatt Legal Plan, Voluntary Long Term Disability, please complete the appropriate form and return it to the Benefits Office no later than October 31, 2017.
- Send forms via email to HRSbenefits@ncsu.edu
- Send forms via fax to 919-513-2528
- Send forms via campus mail to Campus Box 7215
Annual Enrollment Tips
- Review information carefully
- Take time to plan for the upcoming year
- Don’t wait until the last minute
- All enrollments (online, phone, and/or paper enrollment forms) must be completed and/or received by the HR Benefits Office no later than October 31, 2017
- For online enrollment, don’t forget to SAVE
- Print confirmation of online enrollment or record date/time of your phone enrollment
- State Health Plan premiums are deducted in advance, so the first premium for 2018 is deducted on the December 2017 paycheck
- Review your January 2018 paycheck for all other changes
- State Health Plan’s Annual Enrollment Site
- Enrollment Center Contact Number: 855-859-0966
- State Health Plan Information Video
- Additional Annual Enrollment Information- UNC System Guide
- 2018 NCFlex Enrollment Guide
- Information for NC State Benefits Plans (MetLife Life, Hyatt Legal Plan, Liberty Mutual Long Term Disability)