Employees enrolled in the State Health Plan who completed Annual Enrollment:
***Annual Enrollment ended Wednesday October 31st. If you have questions regarding your 2019 Benefit Elections, please contact your assigned benefits consultant for assistance.***
This year’s Annual Enrollment (AE) for benefit plan changes is September 29, 2018 – October 31, 2018. Changes made during the AE period will become effective January 1, 2019, for plan year January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019.
Annual Enrollment is your opportunity to review your benefit elections and make changes for the upcoming 2019 plan year. All members of the State Health Plan must take action during Annual Enrollment in order to reduce monthly premiums. State Health Plan and NCFlex changes are made through the state’s online enrollment system or by calling the enrollment center at 855-859-0966. Changes to other benefits such as MetLife Insurance, Hyatt Legal, and Voluntary Long Term Disability Plans are all completed via paper forms.
If you need help enrolling in your benefits, call 855-859-0966 to enroll over the phone OR stop by the HR Benefits Office on the second floor of the Administrative Services II building. Our goal is to have 100% of staff and faculty complete the Annual Enrollment process.
State Health Plan Updates
- All State Health Plan members will be defaulted to the 70/30 plan for 2019. Employees must log into the benefits enrollment portal via MyPack if they wish to complete the tobacco attestation and/or elect the 80/20 plan.
- The 70/30 and 80/20 plan premiums will include the tobacco attestation surcharge. Failure to complete the tobacco attestation during the AE period will result in a $60/month surcharge for 2019, beginning with the December 2018 paycheck.
- To receive the $60 wellness credit, employees must re-attest that they are not a tobacco user, or agree to visit a CVS Minute Clinic for at least one tobacco cessation counseling session within 90 days after the last day of Annual Enrollment or risk losing their wellness credit. Click here for instructions on the new process.
- Premiums will not increase for the 2019 benefit plan year.
- The 80/20 plan’s out-of-pocket maximum has changed from a separate medical and pharmacy out-of-pocket amount to a combined medical and pharmacy out-of-pocket maximum, which totals $4,890.
- There are changes in the 80/20 plan’s specialist and inpatient hospital copay.
- All State Health Plan members will receive newly designed medical ID cards.
- The wellness incentives offered under the 80/20 Plan for Blue Options designated specialists and hospitals have been discontinued.
- Dependents added to the plan must have applicable verification documents uploaded. See information below in the “Adding Dependents” section for a list of required documentation for dependent eligibility and instructions for using the new mobile app.
- Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) from the State Health Plan.
- Premiums will not increase for the 2019 benefit plan year!
- The 70/30 and 80/20 plans will have the tobacco attestation wellness credit for employees.
- Failure to complete the tobacco attestation during the Annual Enrollment period will result in a $60/month surcharge for 2019, beginning with the December 2018 paycheck.
- View 2019 Rates Here
During Annual Enrollment, employees may add or delete dependents from their benefit plans. Just as with plan changes, any dependents added during Annual Enrollment have an effective date of January 1, 2019. If you are adding dependents to your health plan, the State Health Plan requires that you submit documentation verifying your dependents’ eligibility.
- Documentation requirements for dependents
- Instructions on how to upload documentation in the enrollment portal
You may now upload dependent documentation using the BENEFITFOCUS Mobile App. Instructions are as follows:
- Healthcare FSAs have a new 2019 maximum annual amount of $2,650.
- Lower premiums for Critical Illness!
- Change in premiums for AD&D.
- During Annual Enrollment, you may enroll or increase your Cancer and Specified Disease Insurance coverage without providing Evidence of Insurability (EOI).
If you need to make changes to your NCFlex benefits (dental, vision, flex spending, etc.) or enroll/re-enroll in flexible spending accounts, you will need take action through the online enrollment portal during this Annual Enrollment period through October 31, 2018. Remember that you must re-enroll in the flexible spending accounts if you want these for 2019. Click here to see the NCFlex 2019 Plan Booklet.
NC State Benefit Plans
For a listing of all forms needed if you are enrolling or changing NC State’s benefits plans (MetLife Life Insurance, Hyatt Legal and Voluntary Long Term Disability), visit the NC State Benefit Plans web page. If you do not wish to make changes to these plans for 2019, there is nothing you need to do.
To change your enrollment in NC State Benefit Plans, please complete the appropriate form and return it to the Benefits Office no later than October 31, 2018.
- Send forms via email to HRSbenefits@ncsu.edu
- Send forms via fax to 919-513-2528
- Send forms via campus mail to Campus Box 7215
How To Enroll
To complete your State Health Plan and NCFlex enrollment, you will need to log in to the MyPack Portal and click on the Benefits Details tile, which is under Employee Self Service, then click on Enroll in Benefits (on the left side of the page).
- Once in the Online Enrollment Portal, click on the Get Started button.
- You can click on the current health plan listed by selecting the Edit Coverage button under the plan.
- Next, select Open Enrollment and click Next. Select either the 70/30 or 80/20 health plans, then click on Next.
- The tobacco attestation will come up next. Answer the question and then select Next.
- If everything looks okay on the next screen, click on the green Save button.
- You can then enroll/review your NCFlex benefits to make any necessary updates/changes.
- Once you are done with these, click on the green Save Changes button at the bottom of your screen. You should then see a congratulations message and blue web link where you can view or print your confirmation.
- Due to MyPack portal maintenance, the enrollment portal will be unavailable from 6 pm on September 29th through 6 pm on September 30th. While MyPack is unavailable, you may click the following link to access on the Online Enrollment Portal.For convenience, employees may still enroll via phone by calling the Eligibility and Enrollment Support Center at 855-859-0966. Center hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. and Saturday 8:00 a.m. to Noon.
Annual Enrollment Sessions
The following campus-wide AE sessions are available to present updates and answer questions. Feel free to attend a session convenient for you.
|October 8||Talley - Coastal Ballroom||1:00pm|
|October 10 (en Espanol)||Administrative Services II - Room 101||9:00am|
|October 15||Talley - Piedmont Ballroom||9:00am|
|October 15||Hunt Library - Duke Energy Hall||9:00am|
|October 15||Administrative Services II - Room 101||1:00pm|
|October 22 (en Espanol)||Sullivan Shops III, Room 1305||12:00pm|
|October 26||Administrative Services II - Room 101||1:00pm|
|October 29||Hunt Library - Duke Energy Hall||9:00am|
Annual Enrollment Tips
- Review information carefully.
- Take time to plan for the upcoming year.
- Don’t wait until the last minute!
- All enrollments (online, phone, and/or paper enrollment forms) must be completed and/or received by the HR Benefits Office no later than October 31, 2018.
- For online enrollment, don’t forget to SAVE!
- Print confirmation of online enrollment or record date/time of your phone enrollment.
- State Health Plan premiums are deducted in advance, so the first premium for 2019 is deducted on the December 2018 paycheck.
- Review your January 2018 paycheck for all other changes.